Do you think you have what it takes to be at the forefront of the renewable energy transition, energy markets and sales? Do you want to become the best sales trader in the market? This might be the traineeship you have been looking for!
As from August 16th of 2021 the Renewable Energy Traineeship starts. This program offers you the chance to become a successful Sales Trader and to get to know the renewable energy markets, the organization and your colleagues.
A successful career starts with understanding the company and business. To accomplish this, the first 6 weeks of the traineeship will be intense: you will work on your soft and hard skills, you will conduct several group assignments and receive training in the different energy products.
After that you will receive on the job training of your manager and an assigned buddy. This phase is all about learning by doing. Every month the trainees will have a team building event, personal development session or training, divided over the remaining months of the program.
When you graduate for the program after 7 months, you will know all there is to need to know about the Renewable Energy markets, the company and you’ve already built a large network within the organization.
After graduating you will directly proceed into The Excellence program and work as a Junior Sales Trader. This program is focused on continuous improvement and mentorship to become the best Sales Trader in your area.
About our customer
The trainees will work within the Energy department. Our client has extensive experience in consulting and trading in the different renewable energy markets across Europe. Their young, international, and rapidly growing desk helps organizations to achieve their sustainability objectives related to carbon emissions, renewable energy, energy efficiency, biogas and biofuels. They also assist clients in realizing their renewable energy projects.
Are you a go getter? Then the Energy team will be perfect for you. As a junior you can expect full guidance from them and they will help you learn all new products, understand the various commodity markets and teach you how to move forward from an interest to a deal. They provide you with continuous sales courses and training sessions with seniors and with your peers in order to make you the best Sales Trader you could be.
Competencies and qualifications
- To at least have a bachelor’s degree with a genuine interest in Financial and/or Renewable Markets
- To be fulltime available from the 16th of August (no holidays scheduled during the first 6 weeks)
- To be fluent (in writing and speaking) in English and at least one other language
- To at least have some commercial experience or interest. But most important, you have an ambitious spirit with a strong commercial mindset. You are eager and curious to learn and are willing to travel
- To be pro-active and not afraid to pick up the phone. You will continuously look for new trading and deal structuring opportunities for your clients
- To be a good negotiator, who works hard and lives by the motto: “never give up”
- To be a team player and thrive under pressure
- Accurate, excellent numerical and analytical skills
What they offer
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Traineeship of 7 months that offers you a strong base for your career
- 27 holidays per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A versatile fulltime position in a fast growing and professional organization
- A variety of activities with the team
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to become a member of this motivated team on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange? Please send your application via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for more information on 0031 (0)6 815 621 79