As Risk Manager within the Energy Department you know how to create structure within a relatively young and dynamic team. The Energy department is fast growing that’s why we are looking for an independent, motivated and progressive person who can add value to the team.
Our customer is a European financial service provider specialized as an intermediary in the wholesale Financial and Renewable Energy sector. With over 100 employees from offices in 4 countries they provide voice and hybrid brokering, execution, electronic trading and transaction advice services for a wide range of asset classes.
The Energy Department is the fastest growing department. With more than 30 colleagues they are advising and mediating in renewable energy certificates for an international client base of corporates clients. In this quick expanding environment risk management is key. The Energy department is working on more structure and outstanding service for our clients. For that reason, they like to expand the risk & compliance department with a dedicated Energy Risk Manager. You will be part of a driven high performing team.
- Your main tasks will be controlling different kind of risk, running reports, explain those reports to the business and act if needed. Because they are continuous improving you will create suggestions to the Energy Management Team. You will implement and contribute to the Risk Framework and add value to Risk Projects. For a good governance as energy Risk Manager you will be reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance.
- You will interact closely with the front office to become familiar with their services, activities and exposure.
- You will be responsible for supporting the risk management team to identify, assess and mitigate regulatory, operational and strategic risks without losing sight of the company’s commercial interests.
- Facilitate risk reporting processes, execute control testing, support incident management & reporting.
- Provide training to front office regarding risks to ensure adequate level of risk awareness and culture.
What we expect, must haves:
- Minimum Bachelors degree
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Fluent in English
- Strong understanding of risk concepts
- Ability to fast understand situations, foresee implications, make connections
- Able to liaise, communicate with various departments
- Not afraid to give your opinion, put sensitive items up for discussion
- Good knowledge of automatization projects
- Good understanding of – and experience with – Excel
- Programming knowledge
- Experience within a utility or commodity related firm
- Knowledge of Renewable energy products and/or physical products (like power, gas, fuels)
What they offer:
The Energy department has extensive experience in consulting and trading in the Renewable Energy market. The young and rapidly growing Energy desk helps organizations to achieve their sustainability objectives related to carbon emissions, renewable energy, energy efficiency, biogas and biofuels and assists clients in realizing their renewable energy projects.
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Working in an awesome, ambitious and driven high performing team
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization
- Competitive renumeration and training possibilities
- 27 holidays per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A variety of activities with the team
If you are interested, please send your resume and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me for more information via 06 815 621 79.