For our customer we are looking for a Head of Risk & Compliance. He or she combines a preference for numbers and the (financial and renewable) markets with an intrinsic sense of risk. The candidate has a continuous focus on improvement of the processes and protocols to become – together with the front office – a European player in the top of the league.
Our customer is an independent European service provider in financial services and renewable energy. They are specialized in brokering business to business, advice and execution due to the financial instruments (like shares, deposit’s, bonds and derivatives) and renewable energy certificates (GVO’s, Green Gas, CO2 and biofuels). It also facilitates in in-house (regulated) electronic trading platforms.
With more than 110 FTE the company still has a lot of ambition to grow. The next coming years they are focusing on a growth up to 200 FTE. The biggest growth opportunities are in the Renewable Energy markets and inhouse trading platforms. To facilitate this growth they are recruiting a highly motivated and ambitious Head of Risk & Compliance as a part of their management team. You will be reporting directly to the board.
The staff functions (HR, Finance, IT and Risk & Compliance) are a part of the Group, centrally controlled and operated. As the Head of a team of 3 FTE you will make sure the company stays within her risk framework.
- Manage, monitor and determine market-, operational and compliance risks
- Together with the board establish the risk framework and protocols to make sure risks are controlled
- Supervise the Know Your Customers (KYC’s)
- Advising on risks to the board and other Heads of the different departments
- Support the Heads in their risk reporting and compliance matters and you participate to the ‘in control statement’
- You are the person who suggests and adds new topics to the Board and MT meetings regarding Risk & Compliance matters and you are able to convince this team with your opinion with a sense of humour and persuasiveness
Nice to have:
- Master Degree
- Legal or Bèta background
- At least 3 years of risk management and/or compliance experience
- Excellent communication in English (Dutch is a pre)
- Knowledge of the Financial Markets and/or Renewable Energy Markets is a welcome experience
As the Head of Risk & Compliance they would prefer you to be entrepreneurial, innovative, ambitious and problem solving. With your execution power you will be able to improve the framework and quality of the management and departments.
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to become part of our organization? Please submit your application, resume and motivation letter, via email@example.com. For more information, you can contact Jeff Albinus at +31 (0)6 815 621 79 or send an email.