Are you an ambitious and experienced Voluntary Carbon market specialist? Are you ready for the next step? Do you like solving challenging problems, thinking analytically, and working in groups? Are you passionate about developing innovative solutions to clients? Are you interested in becoming the leader of the Voluntary Carbon Market team of our customer? Does closing transactions make you hungry for more and do you know how to motivate junior colleagues?
As a Medior/Senior Sales Trader Voluntary Carbon Market you are a key member of a team of highly motivated and professional colleagues. You will help to scale up the current team to great heights.
What they expect:
We are looking for a (preferably multi-lingual) Medior/Senior Sales Trader Voluntary Carbon Market. For this we expect you to have the following minimum qualifications:
- To at least have a Bachelor / Master degree
- To be fluent in English and one or more of other languages spoken in the European Union
- Experience in sales and business development – cold calling, holding meetings with senior level executives and converting leads into paying customers
- At least 3 years of experience in Voluntary Carbon Markets
- You are eager to travel and meet your clients in person
- To be pro-active and not afraid to pick up the phone. You will continue to find new brokerage or deal structuring opportunities for your clients
- To be a good negotiator, who works hard and lives by the motto: “never give up”
- To be a team player and thrive under pressure
- To be in the lead of the team and coach your junior colleagues to become the best
- Deep understanding of the voluntary carbon products including project development processes within one or more standards, technologies and market trends
- Experienced in analysing global policies and their repercussions on the voluntary carbon market development
- Comprehension of business drivers behind corporate climate actions and global initiatives (Science-based Targets, Carbon Neutrality, Taskforce on Scaling Voluntary Carbon Markets, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to optimize the Voluntary Carbon Market desk performance
What we offer
Our customer has extensive experience in consulting and trading in the different renewable energy markets across Europe. Their young and rapidly growing desk helps organizations to achieve their sustainability objectives related to carbon emissions, renewable energy, energy efficiency, biogas and biofuels and assists clients in realizing their renewable energy projects.
Do you already have experience within this field and do you want to grow in a management role? Then the Energy Voluntary Carbon team will be perfect for you. Working in an awesome, ambitious, and driven high-performing team.
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam: the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Competitive remuneration with a significant bonus structure and multiple training possibilities
- Access to our extensive online learning platform for your personal development (e.g., languages, personal leadership and more!)
- 27 holidays per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A variety of activities with the team
- Beers on a Friday