As a Medior Manager, you will take the Energy Desk to new heights. Our customer is one of the leading players in Europe supporting organisations to achieve their green goals. However, this is only the start of our game; the potential is huge! You, together with your team and your expertise will break record after record with providing the right solutions for their clients. Are you able to have a broad oversight and simultaneously look at the finer details? Then show them what you got!
Who are they?
Our customer is an international-oriented scale-up in the heart of Amsterdam. They deal with opportunities and developments in Renewable Energy every day. More and more organisations are striving to reduce their emissions. One of the leading players in Europe supporting these organisations to achieve their goals. They do this by offering procurement, market access, and advisory services in a range of environmental markets. For example, by switching to renewable energy (green electricity or green gas) and stimulating CO2-reducing projects. There are endless opportunities to make the world more sustainable and they are keen to take up that challenge!
They are always on a mission to make our ideas, products, and opportunities a top success. The Energy team consists of a group of ambitious and entrepreneurial advisors, analysts, and traders. They are continuously looking for new products, markets, deal opportunities and advisory services to better support our clients.
Enough about the business, curious about the culture? It is a young, dynamic, and passionate team. They need someone who’s thrilled by Renewable Energy as much as they are. At the Energy Desk, they believe success is best when it’s shared. Sounds amazing right?
What will you be doing?
• You will be responsible for managing and further developing a small team and providing more direction and structure to the team’s operation
• You develop further trading activities and long-term strategies that are in line with the company’s objectives within the Voluntary Carbon Market
• You will further expand and maintain relationships with the network of project developers, traders, and trading platforms
• You supervise the project development assistance team and intensify cooperations with other desks
• You create a best-in-class mentality within your team
What do we expect?
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Fluency in English. The more languages, the better
• At least 3 years of experience in sales and business development – cold calling, holding meetings with senior level executives and converting leads into clients
• Leadership experience is a plus
•Coaching and mentoring are your middle names.
• You have a strategic mindset.
• You are flexible to adapt to the market conditions. The Renewable Energy sector is fluid and constantly changes.
• Negotiating is your know-how. You live by the motto: “don’t take no for an answer”
• You need to be a team player. Remember, you need to guide people to success, not delegate them.
● Experienced and an understanding of the Voluntary Carbon Market including selling credits and approaching buyers
● Experienced in analysing global policies and their repercussions within the Renewable Energy sector.
● Identifying opportunities to optimise the Energy desk performance
What do they offer?
• A unique workplace. No really. Namely on the Stock Exchange floor in the centre of Amsterdam
• A brand-new full-time role in a fast-growing organisation
• Working in an awesome, ambitious, and driven high-performing team
• An organisation where there is room for your refreshing ideas, talent development and growth and where your input is greatly valued
• The guarantee that you will be treated to a fun activity or event almost every month, as team bonding is very high on the priority list
• Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world
• Bi-annual performance-based bonus scheme. Reach for the stars!
• 27 days off per year
• Depending on where you live, a NS business card or a VanMoof bicycle
• Free inhouse fitness
• And a competitive salary!
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and would you like to become part of the team? Please send your application (resumé) to Jeff Albinus, Senior Recruiter by e-mail at email@example.com. For further questions please contact us at +31 (0)6 815 621 79