Working for the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, more than 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community they serve. The customer stands for their values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of the culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join our customer, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Would you like to work for one of the World’s largest banks in an exciting, dynamic and international environment?
For more than 50 years the customer offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in The Netherlands and, through its branches, in Central and East Europe. The goal is to be among the top performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and non-Japanese customers’ needs.
The MBE subsidiary based in The Netherlands is a network of branches, managed from Amsterdam.
We are currently recruiting for a Cash & Liquidity Sales Consultant for the Transaction Banking Division for EMEA in Amsterdam.
Main purpose of the role
Promote global transaction banking capabilities to European based clients and develop new business from large corporates that have a head or regional office in Europe. You are a subject matter expert in payments, cash and liquidity management, electronic banking connectivity and applicable European regulations. The GTB sales consultant is the key contact point for the global relationship manager and its clients.
The role includes the following:
- As a core member of the EMEA Transaction Banking business, located in Amsterdam you will:
- Develop strong relationships with Coverage RMs and GTB Sales Consultants in each region, to ensure a deep understanding of our global client relationships
- Manage the regional and, as appropriate, global account planning processes
- Advise clients, mostly corporate treasurers and cash managers, on the regional and global cash and liquidity management solutions from geographies in APAC, EMEA and the Americas
- Analyse the cash flows and requirements of large multinationals and position cash and liquidity management solutions including liquidity management services, payables and receivables and electronic banking services
- Manage the process of responding to regional and global RFIs/RFPs, co-ordinating input from across the GTB functions and regions
- Manage a portfolio of Global/Japanese corporate clients that have a head or regional offices in Europe
- Cooperate with the GTB groups in London, Tokyo and other branches in the global network
- Being part of the Transaction Banking group for EMEA, assist with product innovation and other projects
- Ensure effective usage of all relevant CRM and other dashboard systems such as SalesForce and C-Hub, including timely updates and the submission of client meeting call reports
- Have a shared responsibility for GTB’s profits and assets as per the group’s KPIs
In order to be successful in the role, you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5 – 7+ years of experience in corporate sales at a leading global commercial bank, ideally with both global and Asian multinationals
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written) essential
- Proficiency in German or French and/or a Nordic language (spoken and written) essential
- Multiple years’ track record in the origination and implementation of regional and global cash and liquidity management solutions
- Significant knowledge of liquidity management, payments, cash management and electronic banking solutions
- Experience in a broad range of GTB sales activity
- Extensive knowledge of the GTB industry and our key competitors
- A deep understanding of corporate treasury needs and challenges
- Ability to prepare high quality RFI/RFP responses and pitch books for beauty parades
- Proficiency in Japanese (spoken and written) beneficial
- Effective communication and presentation skills (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of changing regulatory climate in terms of Basel III/IV, PSD2, MIFID etc
- Experience with client on-boarding and implementation projects
- A proven client-focus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A willingness to travel
What the customer offers:
- Gross salary based on experience and consistent with the market
- 8% holiday allowance and 13th month payment
- Bonus under discretion of the Management board (max. 20%)
- 30 vacation days per year. Optional you can buy 15 additional days
- Commuting allowance based on annual public transport 2nd class, most economical way, or € 0,19 per km with a max of 75km one way
- Remote working allowance (max €60,- a month)
- Possibility to order Office Equipment’s (up to €500,-)
- Possibility to order a mobile device (up to €800,-)
- Bicycle plan (fiscal benefit)
- Company fitness (fiscal benefit)
- Employee contribution towards Pension insurance (max 5%, currently 2%), our pension scheme is based on a defined contribution scheme
- Training & development possibilities paid by the bank (internal rules)
- Health insurance: Collective premiums offered, for own expense